A regional law firm serving clients in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, Slovin & Associates provides legal services to commercial and consumer credit grantors. Our client’s needs include commercial litigation, collection of past due accounts, landlord tenant matters, bankruptcy services, and compliance with and litigation involving federal and state consumer laws.
Our firm’s origins began in 1983, when Randy Slovin began practicing law with a creditor’s rights firm. He has continued in that practice area for over 25 years. In 2004, the current law firm was founded. Our firm has attorneys who are licensed to practice in state and federal courts throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
Some of the legal services we provide include:
- Lawsuits to collect past due accounts
- Lawsuits involving commercial disputes including actions brought under the states Uniform Commercial Code
- Transferring foreign judgments into our states
- Representing creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Defending lawsuits brought under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Defending lawsuits filed under state consumer sales practices act or deceptive trade practices
- Representing creditors in Arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution forums
- Representing commercial and residential landlords in tenant disputes
- Repossession of personal property including vehicles and equipment
- Filing bank attachments and wage garnishments
- Obtaining judgment liens
- Advising clients on compliance with federal and state consumer and credit laws